Friday, September 26, 2014

Anniversary

This evening
a black bug arrived
four years ago, becoming
a premonition of
the present, speaking
a language it took me
this long to learn.

A tangled tongue
of stones and fuses.
A grammar built
of broken birds.
Siren pronunciations.

When a window appears
beneath your name,
I try to imagine
a cloud crashing
into a famous building
or mountain. Such a
soft mundane destruction.
What barely is becoming
what barely isn't.

There is no rain today.
The wind is
nice enough to sit again
on concrete by the river.



by jerry gordon
9.26.2014

1 Comments:

Blogger Yangjah said...

bites

I opened a mosquito screen of entrance door

for seeing off a friend

after a seafood party

while the door was open,

my cat went outside,

some mosquitoes came inside

and bit my body



A bug was able to change

the world

of our relationship

and

I have cried of happiness and pains

for more than 1200 days



I wonder where I am

in reality 

or

in dream

even I am where I longed for



No hot water at an old lady's house

brought 

a new world to me,

I became warm

with a new one,

but still keep on crying and smiling



I open a window everyday

at the new house

to see the past world

which has not been far from now



Smoke of mosquito coil

doesn't seem to work well,

still feel itching with more bites

and

love is alive

here and there

There is no rain today

The wind is

nice enough to walk

along sea.





092614


on Jeju island, Korea


9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home