Friday, October 15, 2004

Wax, Wings and Labyrinth

Understanding Icarus

I understand Icarus
and his flight to the sun

unbounded place and time
where reaching out

to touch gossamer and fire
becomes the singular
defiance of being
able to step beyond

blandishments and banality
defining each day

to escape beautiful and deceptive
questions of self
presentation of cultural
edifice to stand apart

unblemished and pure
in knowing


by mjsalovaara
May 30, 2004



I understand Theseus
unspooling his thread
through the maze of
Dedalus' mind. His
strongest fear getting lost
beyond the decapitated
monster at the center.

Give me my hands' full of
the violence. Place me within
the master's finest tool.
Only you could think a string--
as red as a filament of blood
from your vagina--
would save me more than memory.


by jerry gordon 6.1.4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home